writer | content strategist
Whitney writes to discover simplicity in a complex world.
Her editorial career began with writing feature articles for Water Polo Scoreboard magazine in the early 2000s. She received a degree in Humanities and Comparative Literature from the University of Colorado. Restless as an early career woman, she joined Boulder-based startup Collective Intellect in 2011. When CI was acquired by Oracle, Whitney entered the world of enterprise technology and spent a decade traversing roles in customer success, product management, product marketing, and content strategy.
For 4 years, she led content marketing for Oracle’s startup accelerator, working closely with startups to tell their stories on a global stage. She continues to support local and global startups with copy, content strategy, and creating magic with their messaging.
She is currently promoting her first book HALF WILD: A prayer for a generation of roaming malcontents.
After a life of travel, she is happily settled (for now) in Asheville, NC.
- San Ramon Valley class of ’05.
- BA in Humanities and Comparative Literature from the University of Colorado.
- Semester at Universiteit van Amsterdam with concentration in History and Cultural Studies.
- Content and copywriting support for SME, startups, and enterprises.
- Small business consultant for local nonprofits.
- Content marketing strategist for global startup accelerator.
- Senior analyst for proprietary SaaS platform performing qualitative/quantitative analysis of unstructured text.
- Lead product trainer and documentation specialist for social media management platform.
- Lifelong traveler with passion for road trips and taking the scenic route.
- Obsessed with developing resilient mental, physical, and emotional health.
- Unapologetic carnivore with interest in local, regenerative food systems.
- Hiking. Yoga. Golf.
- Dedicated to cultivating elegant solutions